Telltale Signs That You’ve Spent Too Much Time On Monkey Island
A much loved series for myself and for countless others. A series that has undergone some major changes to keep up with the times. Not to mention the recent remakes for HD which are a welcome and refreshing new look to a cult classic.
So…how can you tell if you’ve (over the years or just recently) been spending too much time in the world of Monkey Island?
- When visiting museums you spot a skull and wander over and address it by saying “Murray?” only to feel disheartened when it fails to reply
- You refer to yourself in the third person, adding ™ at the end of your name
- You make a string of bad jokes, usually of a piratey nature and amuse yourself
- You stash numerous items in your pockets and have a keen eye for where to use them or when to combine them to allow you to progress further in your life
- You stop dead in your tracks when entering a new room/location and count in your head to emulate a make-believe load time
- When analysing objects or people you always conjure up a memory or experience somehow linked to them or they remind you of it
- Members of the older generation live their lives in a clunky and less fluid method, taking time to identify an object of interest and eventually “clicking”
- Younger generations move around freely taking in all they can and are able to function better with an improved level of control over themselves
- No matter where you journey to, you always bump into a number of monkeys and your arch-nemesis
Hit up the comments if you feel any vital signs are missing!