GTA V Wishlist
GTA IV was a good game. But it wasn’t great. For me, it just didn’t live up to the hype. Graphically it was beautiful, with neat little touches and lighting effects etc. Plot-wise it was your standard GTA serving of go here, do this, come back with a few B,C,D,E,Fs in between your run-of-the-mill A-Z.
That being said, I am excited about GTA V – just like I am with pretty much every Rockstar project that’sannounced or hinted at by domain registrations and teaser images etc that get ‘leaked’.
I think my biggest gripe with GTA IV is that a lot of good ideas in San Andreas, Vice City etc were removed – such as the business empire aspect. The set-pieces however, were remarkable – my favourite part of GTA IV was the bank heist/street shoot-out that was the perfect way to capture that awesome set of scenes from Heat and slam it into a game.
So, what do I want in GTA V?
- Bring back businesses to extort/bust out/buy out to earn extra cash
- Have a more realistic game world similar to Red Dead whereby the people around you seem more unique with more spontaneous acts of human nature take place – for example, you’re near a nightclub/bar and it’s late and piss heads start to stumble out onto the street vomiting, pissing in an alley or getting jiggy in amongst some trash cans with someone they just pulled in the club etc.
- More customisation options like in San Andreas such as going to the gym to buff up but have it a bit more realistic that you don’t get all beef cakey after 5 trips to the gym
- The ability to pimp out your crib similar to Saints Row and have the items fully interactive but notto the point where it’s a straight rip of the Sims
- Have your face in the game – similar to EA’s game face – have the ability to either import your face via the PS Eye or using a digital camera to then copy to your PS3 drive and import via an in-game file browser
- As well as having your own face, have the game use your name – again something EA have done well within their sporting franchises
- And after the previous 2, ultimately be able to be a female character as opposed to male which is something GTA has always done previously allowing gamer girls to use the above 2 features also
- Still have the mobile phone or get more modern by purchasing in-game items with comical names for common every day devices such as tablet PCs, iPhone rip-offs etc
- Co-op (which appears to be in anyway) for the main story like in Mercenaries 2 and varous other games that have utilised the feature
- More creative mission types and the ability to affect the story line with a bit more impact than that of GTA IV where it was only the ending that really changed based on your acts
- When busted, have the opportunity to be in prison where you can make contacts on the inside and become even more notorious as well as try and bust out/instigate a riot – or this could be a team based nline match type with guards vs inmates